Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Temporary Home

I can't hear Carrie Underwood's New song "Temporary Home" without crying. It is such a precious song with such true lyrics.
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
I am so grateful for the Temporary Home that Andrew has right now. I so want to thank the police officer who found him, the nannies who are taking care of him, the surgeons who did his surgery and those who are responsible for helping get his file together so that he could find his Forever Family. Although it may not be our 1st choice for any child, he is in a place that feels like home to him. I pray that he knows we are coming but I must prepare my self for the fact that he may not be very happy about it in the beginning. One day, he will accept us as his family and I believe with my whole heart that he will be glad that we are together.
The last part of the song talks about an old man that is dying--
Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

How true that this is really just a temporary home for all of us. I don't know about you but I find great comfort in seeing God's face. What a joy it will be to be with our love ones in eternity.
We are meeting our Andrew on the day that my Papa Adams met Jesus---Just one of our Red Threads to Andrew. I would truly give up just about anything for one more day with my papa. Meeting Andrew on this day brings me such peace. I know that my papa met Andrew long before we did and I know that he is watching over us and that he will be smiling down on Thursday when we meet our son. I can't wait! I am so grateful that Andrew only has 3 more nights in his Temporary Home-Praising God for our blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only three more nights...that gives me chills and brings tears! I cannot wait to follow your journey to that precious boy. I love you all and will be praying so hard while you are gone. I'll also be stalking your blogs. :) Bobbi