Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mountain of God

This song has always brought me comfort. While we were waiting for Anna Grace, I clung to the promise. I must admit that I embarrassed Ashton to death at the Y one day singing out loud with my IPod(had to quit using it while others were around) I got in my car today and it was playing. So many people question-Why China again? Why another child? You have your hands full already-Have you lost your mind? My answer is this------Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend that we don't know----God called us to this-We have been so blessed by adoption. We could have continued our life and never adopted Anna Grace----wow! what a blessing we would have missed out on. God orchestrated this second adoption-It is His will-His plan for our lives. I know that I am "traveling on the road, that He has led me down" just as the song says. He is here and He will provide. That doesn't mean that being mommy to 5 is going to be easy. It just means that at the moments when my hands are full, God will open His hands and help me carry the load. I am confident in that! I know that Andrew is our son and it is by the Grace of God that we are blessed to be his parents. We are truly blessed beyond measure!

Just like the song says "I confess from time to time I lose my way" but this much is true-I know that God will provide and equip our family for whatever the future holds. Finally, the best truth of the song----"Nothing can quite compare with what's in front of me" I can't wait to see what our future holds-In 2 weeks we will be a forever family of 7---I can't imagine how awesome that will be!
"Mountain Of God"

Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

And I didn't even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

'Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn't ever make it
Without You

Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from
And the things I've left behind
But of all I've had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what's in front of me
With what's in front of me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! He will definitely carry us through this journey...He ordained it and will be with us every step of the way!!
God has blessed us beyond measure and we will be forever grateful for the blessings we have been given!!! So glad that I have been able to share this journey with you!!!

Jodi said...

Out of everyone I know, you can handle anything that gets in your way, or is added to your plate. I have to admit that I have questioned (you know me!), but I hope you understand that is my human honesty, fear & doubt speaking. Your family has a faith that is strong enough to move a mountain and hear a true calling. That faith and trust will see you through and your family will be blessed, once again, beyond measure. I love you and the entire Rice gang more than you will ever know & will do anything to help. Just let me know! OK?