Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


The Rice family in the Chicago Airport with travel friend AnnaGrace (a precious little girl who, along with her family, is going to get her little sister in Beijing).


Hi everyone! This is Angel's friend & sister from another mother, Jodi, blogging on her behalf. First of all I am thrilled that she asked me to do this for her! Anything I can do to help I am more than willing to do! She plans on sending me emails and pictures and I will post them on this blog. This will count as my test blog to work the kinks out of blogging on her blog for her. Hope this works! I might as well give everyone an update at the same time!

I talked to Angel (YEAH!!) and they were in Chicago for a short layover. They were making their way through the airport to get some "fabulous" airport food when I last spoke to her. Everyone's doing fine, but already tired (as expected). Poor Angel only got 4 short hours sleep last night! Not too much longer until they are off to Beijing! Their flight leaves at 1:45 pm (our time) and they will be in the air for 14 hours!

She said that the kids were wild already! Surely they are just filled with anxious excitement about the trip and meeting Andrew very soon! They are usually an energetic group anyway (never a dull moment), but now they are fueled by the lack of rest and probably a lot of candy at this point. Please pray that a comforting peace will hush the excitement from their mouths, bodies and minds and that they are swept away by sleep for hours on end to make the trip go by quickly.

Keep them on your minds and in your prayers - for the days ahead will bring unique challenges and blessings.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job. What would we do without you? I love you bunches. Nana

Carmi said...

Thanks for the update! At least Angel got 4 hours sleep. On our first trip to China I had no sleep prior to leaving and slept all the way there! Of course we had no children to worry about on that trip over... I am so glad to know they are on their way.

Cindy Wilkerson-FFTIA said...

We're praying for you!

Joyce said...

It all looks so familiar. Wish we were in the bunch.

Sharon said...

Prayers for safe travels from another SC mom!

Sharon
www.ourfamilyourstory.com

Anonymous said...

Jodi,thanks for the update your doing a great job.What a blessing for the Rice family.We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,Aunt Betty