Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 6 with Andrew - Paperwork and Free Day!





Wow! We had another successful nighttime routine. Andrew fell asleep watching Barney with daddy rubbing his back. So sweet to see him and Anna Grace side by side in their matching monkey jammies. They are starting to communicate a little more. She just doesn't understand why he doesn't talk like she does. This morning we started the day with breakfast in our hotel. Truly our favorite meal of the day. I took lots of pictures of the kids on the steps in their brown shirts. We almost match :) Anna Grace will just kiss Andrew-it is so sweet. We spent the morning doing more paperwork. It is never ending. There was a woman from the orphanage there today. She had to help take Andrew's passport picture. He was not very happy. It broke my heart to see him withdraw. He kept looking down-He would not look up for his picture. I think it was a very defining moment in our relationship. He now wants me ALL of the time. Hal is getting his feelings hurt. You should see me try to carry Anna Grace and Andrew at the same time. My back is not liking it, but I would not trade it for anything. Precious times. It makes my heart very happy that he knows Mama will keep him safe. When we go to get on the bus, he goes to my seat and waits for me-so sweet. We are finished with paperwork until Friday morning when we pick up passports-Praise the Lord. It has been so hard this time. Tonight we are having pizza in the room again (we did request no corn:) Hoping to head out and hunt down some shopping soon. I am having withdrawals-I thought by now, I would have bought tons of things. Not happening. Tomorrow is the Summer Palace and Olympic Village-We are very excited to see this. Funny moment of the day---At lunch Andrew had to potty---#2---Not fun with a squatty potty---When we walked into the bathroom, I spotted a normal toilet. I then said "Praise the Lord" without thinking about what he would think. It was so funny to hear him in his little voice start giggling and shouting "Praise Lord, Praise Lord" Priceless

3 comments:

Selina said...

Love the pictures from today!! Your family is beautiful!!! Continuing to pray for you all.
Will you be going to the Silk Market? I LOVED shopping there!

Mario and Lisa said...

I agree with Andrew, "Praise the Lord!" So sweet!

Carmi said...

Oh I hated doing the squatty potty with the girls if it was #2! Karys was scared of them and most of them, especially the one on the Great Wall looked scary too!