Sunday, September 20, 2009
Today is my sweet Ashton's 14th Birthday-I can't believe it has been 14 years since God blessed us with our 1st child. I will never forget the wonder and magic of holding her for the 1st time. It was one of the greatest days of my life. Ashton and I were able to stay at home together each day and explore the world. We had so much fun those days-shopping, making pottery, doing crafts and just being together. We spent almost everyday with Jodi and Max. It seems in the blink of an eye she has grown into a beautiful, talented, compassionate young lady. She is so grown up. I so wish I could freeze time right now. I want us to stay in these moments forever. I am so blessed to be her mommy.
In honor of Ashton I am going to list some of the things I love the most about her-there are so many, many more but these are some of the most important:
1. She is my Firstborn-My heart and soul-she taught me to be a mommy-she taught me that you can mess up and your children will still love you-
2. Her beautiful heart-Ashton has a love for others-she wants to help orphans around the world-she has a deep desire to travel to Uganda and be a voice for the children there-
3. Her laugh-when Ashton gets tickled, she has the funniest laugh-once she starts, she can't stop
4. How she helps us at home-she is the 1st one up in the mornings and she helps get everyone going-she will dress Anna Grace, pick out the boys clothes and pack diaper bags.
5. Her love of adoption-Ashton prayed for us to go back to China from the moment we brought Andrew home-she is the best big sister
6. Her amazing voice-Ashton has an amazing voice and I love to hear her sing-
7. Her amazing computer skills-Ashton is so talented-she loves taking pictures and editing them on the computer-she is awesome at this-
8. Her blog-Ashton has kept a wonderful account of our lives during the last 3 years on her blog-she has a gift with writing and designing beautiful posts and I will always treasure this-
9. Her love of family-Ashton loves her family-she is a wonderful daughter and sister-she loves her grandparents and all of our family and friends-
10. Her gift of gab---Ashton is the only person I know that talks as much as me-She loves sharing adoption with others-I believe that God is going to use her in a big way to help others-
I love Ashton with all of my heart and I am so proud to be her mommy-I can't wait to watch her life unfold and see all that God has planned for her-I know it is going to be amazing!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL
You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001. Neither will I.
I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Goodbye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK ... I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.
I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home - only believe on Me now."
I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.
I was with the Firefighters, the Police Officers, the Emergency Workers. I was there, watching each brave step they took.
I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.
I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?
I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; "Come to Me...this way...take My hand." Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.
I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?
September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well.
Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go." I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.
~~~ God ~~~
Written by: Stacey Randall
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Things I've Learned About Having A Family of Six
1. Dirty floors don't matter.
2. The bath at the end of the day washes off the day's meals.
3. I hear "Wow, you have your hands full at least 100 times a day." It makes me smile.
4. My husband is the most patient man alive.
5. Groceries that would last other families a month are gone in a week.
6. Lots of "letting go".
7. Cherish the tiny handprints on the wall. They don't last forever.
8. Oxy Clean is my best friend.
9. With 4 kids who has time for the gym?
10. The more LOVE you give, the MORE LOVE YOU HAVE TO GIVE.
Things I've Learned About Adoption
1. It is a miracle
3. Your kids will find you.
4. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
5. Love is all that really matters.
I love being a family of six but I can't wait until we are a family of seven! One day closer to our sweet Andrew!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Just rec'd the most wonderful email from our agency----Our Log In Date with China is Monday, August 31st!!! Woo Hoo! So very, very happy! One more step down in our journey to sweet Andrew in China.
Please pray with us that we will receive our LOA(Letter of Acceptance) in a speedy, record breaking time. We truly need to be able to leave for China on December 22, 2009 and it will take a BIG God size Miracle for that to happen-I believe HE can do it. This is the only way that we feel it will be possible for the kids to travel with us since we have to be in China for almost 3 weeks this time. The average to receive LOA right now is 60 days so we need it to be much quicker---Please pray with us. We want to bring our boy home.
Had lots of fun taking pictures to celebrate!