Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Boy



I can't believe that 6 years ago today, our baby boy was born. John Hayne Rice was a surprise that we never expected and a blessing that we are sure we never deserved. He is my boy. The apple of our eye and the joy and laughter of our home. He is so funny and makes us laugh out loud daily. He loves life. I can't believe he is in school now. I miss him so much during the day. This morning we had a birthday celebration. He requested m&m waffles. He was so excited to see the decorations and open his presents. He was thrilled with his Power Ranger socks. I love his genuine happiness with everything. After school, we went to Build A Bear and he made "Rocky" the TRex. He had so much fun picking out an outfit. Then we met Nana, Papa, Shag, Johnny, BJ, Jesse, Mary and Walter at Outback. Hayne was thrilled when Nana and Mema gave him a Nintendo DS Lite and BJ gave him a Power Rangers game. He has not put it down.
I am so grateful for the gift of my precious son and he reminds me everyday that sometimes the best things in life are not planned(our perfect plan was 2 kids-my how times have changed)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Okay - now you've made ME cry! Oh how true that God's plans are WAY better than ours. I hope that Hayne had a WONDERFUL birthday - it looks like he had lots of fun! Give him a big hug for me...
Shelley:)