Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st Day of School

Where does the time go? I can't believe it is the 1st day of school. 3 of my babies have headed out to school. I think this was the hardest year yet. Anyone who knows me knows how much I don't want my kids to grow up. I love this stage. Being their mommy is the greatest thing ever. Last night was so hard. The boys had to go to bed in their room by 9 and they were so sad. They kept telling me how much they did not want to go to school. I had to be positive and not cry with them. They all did great this morning and we got to school WAY to early. We left Ashton at home to car pool with our neighbors and it was a sad moment realizing it was the 1st time she had ever went to her 1st day without us-bad mommy moment. We were finally able to drop Adam off at his class and then we headed to the kindergarten hall. Hayne was so brave. He bit his lip to keep from crying. Bless his heart, he was so strong. There was a child sitting next to him who just sobbed out loud. It made it much harder for Hayne to be strong. His teachers are wonderful(Ashton and Adam both had them for K5). We are blessed to have such loving teachers to take care of him. I held it together until we were leaving and then all of the PTA moms got a good laugh that I was at the Boo Hoo breakfast instead of the Give a Cheer one. I am so sad that they are all gone today. We have had so much fun this summer and I am going to miss them so much. I love being a mommy and I can't wait to hear how their day has gone. I will upload pictures later.

No comments: