Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday!


How is it that time flies by so quickly. I can't believe that my precious firstborn is turning 13 tomorrow(actually in just 2 1/2 hours). It seems like only yesterday we were in the hospital experiencing the miracle of her birth. I could not quit looking at the perfect, precious gift from God. She was so much more than I ever expected-How could I deserve such an amazing gift? I learned each day with her. I never put her down. I could not take a shower without calling Nana to come sit with her to make sure she was okay. She was the 1st grandchild on both sides of our family. It was so much fun to spend each day with her. We shopped and painted pottery. She did not go to school or daycare until she started K5. Ashton has always been so mature for her age. She is such a helper. She has a heart for others. She so wants to go to China and adopt another child. She has such a heart for orphans. I am so proud of how she wants to help others. Ashton is such a blessing to our family. She takes care of her brothers and sister and always helps me. She has the most beautiful singing voice. This past February I was so proud of her when she sang in her school talent show. It was the most beautiful sound I have heard. I am so proud to be her mom. We still love to shop, get our nails done and just hang out. She tries to teach me to be savy on the computer and I try to get her to scrapbook. I am so grateful to have her in my life. Happy Birthday to the best daughter in the world!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday to the first baby girl in our lives! I remember so well the day she was born! She was perfect in everyway! I can't believe how our first babies have grown up! We have so many pictures of her and Max together as babies! Ashton is such a talented (amazingly artistic and she can sing like an angel), kind-hearted young lady and I have always loved her "old" soul! From the beginning, she has seen and understood the "big picture". You are a blessed family to have her! I love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! I hope today will be wonderful and one that you will always remember. You make me so proud to be your Nana. I Love you. Nana

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! I hope that you have a WONDERFUL day and WOW, a teenager!!!! We love you!
Shelley, John Henry and Josh

Kecia said...

Happy Birthday Ashton!!!
May God continue to bless you and may His mighty hand be always guiding you in every step you take!!! And never forget,you are e true blessing in everyone's life!!!

Amy Clemons said...

Ashton is a jewel! You have so much to be proud of. I hope she has a very Happy Birthday!