Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Guangzhou




I could not believe it when we arrived in Guangzhou and the entire island was in chaos. They are preparing for the Asian games in November and it was was a mess(truly like nothing I have ever seen before) I had been looking forward to shopping since we found out we were going. I had honestly dreamed of the carefree days shopping and enjoying the beautiful island(I know I have a problem :)I had so many regrets from our trip with Anna Grace. I wanted to make sure I found everything to celebrate Anna Grace and Andrew's Gotcha Days. I was not prepared for the island to be destroyed. There were no sidewalk vendors and most of the shops were closed. The sidewalks were torn up and you had to walk in the road alot. Cars ALWAYS have the right of way so that could be dangerous. I imagine it is going to beautiful when it is done, but we will not be there to see it :) Hopefully it will be all cleaned up and the shops will be open by the time our friends go to bring home Lily and Owen!

3 comments:

Patty said...

Oh my word!!! It was so beautiful when we were there too. I am so sorry. I would have been disappointed terribly too, if I had seen it that way. Hope you still got all your shopping done though.

Jamie said...

As you know we were just there last week and it does not look much different than it does in your pictures. In fact the front of the medical clinic is still torn up. We too were disappointed. We got so tired of breathing construction dust and smelling sewage every time we walked around. I am sure it will be beautiful when it is done.

Mario and Lisa said...

yep, it was a disappointing mess! I was looking forward to just strolling the streets. *sigh* oh well...... :)