Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things to do While you wait!

Things to do(or things to drive you crazy) while you wait for LOA!

*Check emails once every 15 minutes-This accounts for a total of
at least 60 times per day-
*Stalk the Rumor Queen site each time you check email to see if ANYONE has any idea that a package is on its way!
*Look at every chart available that gives you an average of how long each family has waited and try to predict where your name will fall
*Call your husband every couple of hours and demand "Are you sure you still feel positive we will only wait 45 days?" (It's like I almost believe he has some type of power to predict:)
*Call your friends who have been through this process and drive them crazy :)
*Call others in your potential travel group and try to guess where your paperwork is at today
*Resist calling your agency and begging them for a "guess" on when you will hear something
*Run to your cell phone each time it rings, cause you just KNOW that this is THE CALL!

Please realize that these things truly happen each day although we were told the average wait is 60 days. I am a dreamer and I just can't quit dreaming that we are going to come in at "less" thank average during this wait :) Some days I am so grateful that we are already approved for this adoption, cause I am sure if a social worker knew how crazed this was making me, we would not be in good shape :)

Note to the ones in charge of signing our LOA'S----Please, please, please send ours this week-Toss this stressed out, internet stalking, dream chasing mommy a bone-we want to bring our boy home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right there with you, my friend!!! Praying we receive good news VERY soon!!! Praying and believing!

Jodi said...

You just call me whenever you want to to vent or ask for insightful "wisdom". Wish I had a fresh bag of fairy dust to sprinkle over you so the waiting wouldn't be so painful! Just think.....this time next year.....this will all be behind you and you will be running your legs off more than you already do! I love you my sister from another mother!