Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Andrew & Hayne's Room


We have been working on adding a bedroom to our house since the beginning of September. We have enclosed part of our garage and created a bedroom and mudroom. Hayne and Andrew will share the new bedroom. Hayne can't wait! He has begged for a knight and castle bedroom. We were excited when we remember that our paperwork states that Andrew loves playing in the castle outside at the orphanage. It is his favorite thing to do. We thought it would be really special to create a bedroom like his favorite toy. I searched on the internet for ideas for their room. I found a beautiful castle loft bed but it was WAY out of our price range. Imagine my surprise, when I found the same bed listed on Craigslist for a quarter of the price. We were so excited! Hal drove to Ashville and picked it up for the boys! Hayne was so excited when Hal pulled up with it on the back of his truck. He ask me to take his picture with it. It was so sweet. I can't wait to see my boys in this room, playing knights, swordfighting and just enjoying being together. We are almost finished-carpet needs to be put down and we can start moving in furniture. Each day we are closer to Andrew!

1 comment:

Desiree' said...

So sweet!! Andrew was obviously meant to be a part of your family!! (I can say that and not cry now) Can't wait to see his new room!!