Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 56--Please let the end be in sight!

Another week has started and we are praying hard that we receive our LOA this week. I am at complete peace knowing that it will all happen in GOD'S PERFECT TIMING but yet my heart aches for my little boy. He needs his Mama and his Baba. He needs to be with his brothers and sisters playing in his new bedroom. I keep thinking of how sweet it will be to rock him like I have all of my other little ones. I can't wait to feel his little arms around my neck-to kiss his sweet little face and to hold the hands that I have a picture of---In my mind I keep thinking about how he needs us but in reality I know, it is me that needs him. This mommy needs to have all of her children together in our home. I am so blessed and I cannot wait until our family is complete. I am so grateful to the One who has called us on this journey. If you had ask me 10 years ago about my plans, I can assure you I never imagined this would be in our future. I can honestly say that the great thing about God's plans are that they are such much more perfect than ours. I can't imagine missing out on the blessing of adoption. It is one of the greatest miracles in life. In my plans, I was going to get married, have 2 kids and live happily ever after. In God's will, I was surprised with my 3rd pregnancy and sure that Hayne was our last child. How sad life would be if Hal had not continued to pray that God would touch my heart and open it to the blessing of adoption. There are no words to describe the joy that Anna Grace has brought to our family. She has opened our eyes to a new world and a new need. We have made wonderful, life long friends on this journey and for that alone we will be forever grateful. We long to encourage others to join this journey with us. We cannot pretend that we do not know the need of the orphans of this world. So many people look at us as if we have lost our mind because we are adopting our 5th child-to those I will say, I follow a God who is always faithful-He does not call the equipped, He equips the Called. I could not do this on my own. I have to trust that He will provide and strengthen us each step of the way. I am so far from the mother that I need to be, but I believe that God will honor our obedience. He will give us all that we need to make sure that we meet each of our child's needs. I feel like the luckiest mommy in the world and I cannot wait to hold my son in my arms. I am going to spend my life doing all that I can to ensure that all 5 of my children know how very much they are loved. I want them to love God and help others. That is the desire of my heart!

1 comment:

Windy said...

Your story and words are beautiful and I pray for your family daily.