Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashton!


Today is my sweet Ashton's 14th Birthday-I can't believe it has been 14 years since God blessed us with our 1st child. I will never forget the wonder and magic of holding her for the 1st time. It was one of the greatest days of my life. Ashton and I were able to stay at home together each day and explore the world. We had so much fun those days-shopping, making pottery, doing crafts and just being together. We spent almost everyday with Jodi and Max. It seems in the blink of an eye she has grown into a beautiful, talented, compassionate young lady. She is so grown up. I so wish I could freeze time right now. I want us to stay in these moments forever. I am so blessed to be her mommy.
In honor of Ashton I am going to list some of the things I love the most about her-there are so many, many more but these are some of the most important:
1. She is my Firstborn-My heart and soul-she taught me to be a mommy-she taught me that you can mess up and your children will still love you-
2. Her beautiful heart-Ashton has a love for others-she wants to help orphans around the world-she has a deep desire to travel to Uganda and be a voice for the children there-
3. Her laugh-when Ashton gets tickled, she has the funniest laugh-once she starts, she can't stop
4. How she helps us at home-she is the 1st one up in the mornings and she helps get everyone going-she will dress Anna Grace, pick out the boys clothes and pack diaper bags.
5. Her love of adoption-Ashton prayed for us to go back to China from the moment we brought Andrew home-she is the best big sister
6. Her amazing voice-Ashton has an amazing voice and I love to hear her sing-
7. Her amazing computer skills-Ashton is so talented-she loves taking pictures and editing them on the computer-she is awesome at this-
8. Her blog-Ashton has kept a wonderful account of our lives during the last 3 years on her blog-she has a gift with writing and designing beautiful posts and I will always treasure this-
9. Her love of family-Ashton loves her family-she is a wonderful daughter and sister-she loves her grandparents and all of our family and friends-
10. Her gift of gab---Ashton is the only person I know that talks as much as me-She loves sharing adoption with others-I believe that God is going to use her in a big way to help others-

I love Ashton with all of my heart and I am so proud to be her mommy-I can't wait to watch her life unfold and see all that God has planned for her-I know it is going to be amazing!

2 comments:

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

Happy Birthday Ashton!!

Jodi said...

I love that girl too! She was the first baby girl I ever held! I loved walking in the mall with you just about daily with our precious babies in the strollers! Life was so different then. My house was always clean and laundry always done. Adding more children to the mix changed our 1st child lives. Anyway, just wanted you to know what a blessing she has been to us all! Can't wait to see what she is going to do to shake this world up, cause I know she is going to do wonderful things!