Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gotcha Day Celebration








It is hard to believe that today we celebrate that special moment when all of our dreams came true, the moment when Anna Grace finally joined our family. It is one of those moments that I will never forget. Anyone who thinks that adoption is a last resort is so wrong. Adoption is a blessing straight from God that forever changes all who are involved. I cannot imagine how different our lives would be without the joy of Anna Grace. There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't remind us how blessed we are to be her family. I can't imagine how much more blessed we will be once we are able to bring our son home.
Today we celebrated this special day at the beach. Nana went shopping and brought home cake, gifts and more. Anna Grace was thrilled. She kept saying "it's my gotcha day" So precious. She had a ball opening presents and eating cake.
So much has changed in two years. She is no longer a baby. She is growing into such a precious little girl. Thought I would make notes of all that she is doing now.
***She loves Princess stuff more than anyone I have ever seen-You will not see her without a crown or high heel shoes. She always has on a princess gown. We have mortified my other kids letting her dress this way in public but I figure I will choose my battles :)
***She talks non stop. She tells you what to say during a conversation. If she does something good, she will say "say good job Anna Grace" It is quite funny. She also takes opportunities to tell us how our actions are affecting her heart---"you make my heart cry" "you make my heart smile"
***She loves her sissy, ammy and haney grace(these are her names for them) They still think she hung the moon
***She loves to get her nails "done" she makes the ladies at the nail salon laugh everytime
***Bop Bop(my dad) is her favorite person in the world. There is no place she would rather be than curled up beside him watching Barney
***Barney is her very favorite show-she watches it all of the time. She still loves Dora but noone compares to the purple dinosaur
***She has started swimming in the pool with just arm floaties. She is a little fish.
***She is potty trained-woo hoo! Ella came to visit us at the beach and that was all it took. If Ella can wear panties, then so can I!
***Anna Grace is a pure joy! She is a blessing straight from the hands of God!

1 comment:

Robin Starnes said...

Yes, she is a blessing straight God. With both of our long waits, God was in control and had our children selected for us; all we had to do was be patient and wait. Anna Grace has grown so much and is learning to love our Savior Jesus Christ.