Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

I can't believe that it is 2009. Wasn't it only last week that we were home from China with our newest little one? Time has flown. I remember a time when "time" was measured by initials. DTC, LID, TA--- now we have been home with Miss Anna Grace for 18 months. Time has flown by. I don't get to update my blog as much as I would like. I am going to attempt to do a better job. Becoming a mommy to 4 children has been wonderful but very bad for scrapbooking days. I am so grateful to have my blogs to remember exactly what has happened during the last 18 months. When I do have time to scrapbook, I will have a tool to help me remember dates, milestones and more. 2008 was wonderful for our family. We are so blessed. We have done so many fun things and I am looking forward to 2009 being even better. I have so many plans and dreams but I must remind myself that most days I do well to dress everyone, check homework, plan dinner of some sort and get everyone to bed. As I read Mary Beth Chapman's Christmas letter, I was reminded that I need to enjoy the little moments. Stop cleaning and play a game. Enjoy bedtime routines and listen to my children. Stop trying to just get through a day and actually enjoy it. These are hard things for me. I spend most of my time just getting by. I want to be a part of my children's lives in even the smallest things. I am going to strive to put them first. My house will be here long after they are gone(mind you I do not have a spotless house, I just feel like I spend all of my time trying to keep it from getting completely out of control) Laundry piles up daily and I have a hard time getting it put away. I need an organization fairy to come to my house and smack me with her wand. I dream of Clean House choosing me as their next project-a girl can dream! I am spending this week doing my best to organize and clean while the kids are at school so that our evenings can be spent together. Next week it will be back to work selling t-shirts. I am enjoying the break and praying that my fairy will show up(think Princess Aurora singing "Someday my prince will come" except it is me "Someday my fairy will come, someday I'll find someone who can clean through the clutter and help me be a good mother" ha ha!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful New Year. I will be back this week to post lots of new pics of all the kids. We had a wonderful break from school and have lots of pics to prove it :)
Here's hoping 2009 is all that you dream it will be!

8 comments:

Windy said...

Ha ha! Let me know when you find the fairy! I don't even have any little ones at home and can hardly keep up with everything - thank goodness I don't have to go out and work everyday!
Can't wait to see the pictures:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I relate! Truly do and I vow to do better this year year too :).

Anonymous said...

BTW Thanks for your very sweet comments to my blog!

Kecia said...

Haha...
2008 went with the wind... Soooo fast!! I cant believe we are in 2009! Hope that you year can be more blessedthan the last one!!
Love you in Christ!

Amy Clemons said...

I need that fairy to come to my house after she's done at yours. If she stops by here first she'll never make it to your house because I've got so much to keep her busy with. I am in bad need of Operation Un-clutter! I can only imagine the laundry of 4 kiddos and 2 parents. I do well to keep up with the 3 of us. Its amazing all the junk you can accumulate in a short period of time.

Shelley said...

What a great post - I found myself shaking my head in agreement. How many times have I said, "Not now" or "Mommy's too busy" - It is sad to think of how many moments I've missed with the boys because I feel the need to keep spinning my wheels cleaning this house. What a great reminder to stop and take the time for what is most important - our babies! :) Give yours hugs for me - I love all 4 of them and you too!!! :)

Jodi said...

Amen sister! You are soooo singing to the choir! Earlier tonight I actually sat down in the floor for a few minutes and played dress up with my Kamden. She brushed my hair (ouch) and put make-up on my face while giggling with delight. I wore a tutu, crown and boa (with loads of make-up)and we danced in her room. She said, "We had a party Mommie!" Shame on me for not doing that more often because she was in heaven! That crazy laundry can wait, not to mention the stuff that needs to make it into the attic! You really made me smile! I have a wand and I am not afraid to use it!!! I love you!

Ohilda said...

Angel,

Oh my! I missed stopping by here! I sure hope that fairy went by. I know I need one here desperately.

Wishing you an amazing 2009, my bloggy friend.

Ohilda