Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

One Week Home & Thank you's

Well, we have officially been home for one week---7 nights--wow! What a week it has been. The kids started back to school, Hal went back to work and Nana spent the week helping me. I have officially decided that I will NEVER have a clean house again :) Andrew and Anna Grace can destroy a house in 6.7 seconds. There is not a room that doesn't sport sippy cups, snack cups, toy cars, princess shoes and more. It is wild-It is crazy but I would not change one minute of it. We were up most nights by midnight--YES, you read that right. My 2 toddlers were up and going at 12 am----I have felt like a zombie. The past 2 nights have been a little better. Andrew has slept on and off until 6 am. Anna Grace is still up at 2 am. She lays in my bed and talks to me while I try to sleep. The others seem to be back on track--this seems much quicker than our last trip. I know it will continue to get better but this mommy seriously needs some uninterrupted sleep.

While we were in China we were very blessed to have wonderful friends and family holding down the fort. Nana ran the shop, took care of Zoey, grocery shopped for us, planned an awesome welcome home party and so much more. She and Jodi spent lots of sleepless nights waiting for Skype calls from us. Jodi spent hours downloading pictures on our blog and on my facebook so that everyone could see our sweet Andrew. She made tons of welcome home signs and helped Nana plan our homecoming. We had no access to blogger or to facebook so we would not have any connection to home if she had not spent so much time doing it for us. I know Craig is happy to have her back and away from the computer :) Gidget did some grocery shopping and made a huge banner that we have on our front porch. Kellie brought balloons to the airport. She greeted us on Saturday with a special Cars cake for Andrew and a home cooked meal. Jodi came to my house this week and prepared a delicious meal for our family. There have been so many people do so many things to welcome our Andrew home. We are so blessed by such special family and friends. I am so sad that Nana has to go back to work this week. I have gotten so use to having her here everyday and Andrew cries for her when she leaves. I hit the lottery with the best mama in the world! There is noone like her. My kids are beyond blessed to have her as their Nana! Thank you Nana for all you do for us! Thank you to everyone who prayed for us, helped us, greeted us at the airport and more! We appreciate each of you!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

We love you girl and would do anything for you and your family! Have I told you lately how glad I am to have you home? Love you Angel!