Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 14 with Andrew - Red Couch & US Consulate














"Red Couch" photos were so special!!

It is official---We just left the US Consulate of Guangzhou----We all stood as a group and raised our right hands and promised to love Andrew and care for him-We promised that all of our information was accurate--It was very emotional-I could not see for the tears-How blessed we are that God chose us to parent this precious, precious child. To see all of the families who have worked so hard, completed so much paperwork and spent more than 2 weeks in China getting to know these precious children of God, finally complete our adoptions, was simply AMAZING! We are beyond blessed and so very happy. Our travel group is our family-We cannot wait to watch all of these children grow and blossom with their families. There are no words to describe the bond-the pure joy of watching little ones call for their mamas or babas. Andrew actually hugged me today-he has been kissing and letting me hold him, but today he asked to be picked up and then he wrapped those sweet arms around my neck and squeezed as hard as he could----Such a special moment that I will always treasure-He is my son-handpicked by God to be a Forever part of our family. I am overwhelmed at the love we all have for him. My heart about explodes when Anna Grace hugs him or tells him it will be okay. All of our kids are so good with him. We got the privilege of seeing two 14 year olds with their families today at the Consulate. They met their families just 2-5 days before they timed out of the system. Once you turn 14, you cannot be adopted. God orchestrated these adoptions at the perfect time. They were so happy to have families. I am so grateful to see these miracles. It makes you realize what is important in life. I may be crazy, homework may be late, my house may be dirty, I may yell at my kids and lose my temper, I may not be on time and our lives are not perfect BUT we are a forever family of 7---I have 5 wonderful children, an almost perfect husband, a great family, terrific friends and I would not change one thing about my life. I am grateful to the ONE who has called us on this journey---I am blessed
!


7 comments:

Selina said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing. Praying for the rest of your trip.

Anonymous said...

I am one very lucky Mother and Nana!God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. Hurry home. I LOVE YOU. Mama

Leota said...

Wonderful pictures of all of the family.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Angel I have missed you more than you can imagine! I have enjoyed following your journey, seeing all the pictures and talking to you on Skype every now and then, but I am ready for you all to be home. So glad you have your Andrew and all is finalized! He is really a Rice now - and quite the handsome little man! Be safe! Know how much you are loved! Hurry home!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it is almost time for you to be home. I can't wait to see Andrew's beautiful little face. I also want to snuggle with Anna Grace. I will be sooooo happy to have all of you home safe and sound. I love you. Mama

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! So happy for you and your family!!

Hey Angel - love the t-shirts you made - gonna sell some? I'm interested. Love them!!

Michelle Whitt