Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Hayne




I can't believe my baby boy is 7 years old today! Happy Happy Birthday to Hayne! I am so proud to be his mommy. He is such a joy. He makes life so much fun. Years ago, Hal and I thought our family was complete with Ashton and Adam. Imagine our surprise when I found out I was pregnant(I actually thought that there was something terrible wrong with me, I never imagined I was pregnant). The pregnancy was extremely hard and I spent lots of time in the hospital and sick. I could never have imagined what a blessing I was carrying. Hayne has always been such a sweet and loving child. We have spent many years saying that God's plan is always better than ours. Hayne brings so much joy to everyday life. He makes us laugh out loud on a daily basis. He loves his Anna Grace and never gets upset when she calls him "Haynie Grace" He thinks Ashton is the smartest girl around and loves for her to draw him pictures. Everyday he tries to be more like Adam. He loves him so. Hayne is the one who kept crying and telling us that Andrew needed a family. Even when I explained that it would take time away from him, he still insisted that Andrew needed to be his brother. As Anna Grace would say "it makes my heart smile to hear him use Andrew's Chinese name. Only 3 years ago we came very close to losing our sweet boy. I am crying just typing those words. He was attacked by a dog but I firmly believe that God protected him. It was this same child who begged for a dog this year. I am amazed by him and how he recovered. Hal and I are so blessed with all of our children.
We have had a great day celebrating our little man. He has also enjoyed all of the special attention. He woke early to see the table that was decorated just for him and open his gifts. We went and had big desserts for lunch and then he chose to go to Build A Bear and he made a special dog named Lucky. He had so much fun. We are now waiting for grandparents to arrive so we can have cake and celebrate Hayne.
Thank you Lord for all of our blessings!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

Happy B-day!
May the Lord bless you aways!!!