Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The 1st time we saw her face


I can't believe that 2 years ago today, we saw the face of our little angel. Here is what I posted on our blog that day-
UPS delivered our baby at 10:15 this morning. Stork Chad was shocked to know he was delivering but he was a great sport! I can't put into words the pure joy of seeing my babies face for the 1st time. It was so much better than I ever imagined. Unbelievable-Amazing-Breathtaking! I am even more in love. In the 2nd picture we rec'd, she is holding a bear and it has the initial "A" on it. How neat is that? She looks so tiny and petite. Her lips are perfect and precious! I know that is the mommy talking but I think she is the most precious, beautiful thing I have ever seen! I don't know how we will endure the wait to go get her

Nothing could have prepared us for the joy of that moment-it was a love so intense that I could not believe I had to wait 2 months to hold my daughter-she was ours and we were thrilled and so thankful to God for orchestrating the entire process. I can't believe how much she has grown in these 2 years. It is as if she has been with us forever. We are forever changed by the beauty and gift of international adoption. I would go back again today if it were possible.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Seems like yesterday!!! So glad I could be there for the "delivery" of at least one of the four! You hit the nail on the head when your wrote that it seemed like she had always been with your family! She fits like a glove and we couldn't imagine y'all without her! We love you all! Thanks for praying for my Daddy.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog and have enjoyed reading it.
I am still a new blogger but leaning new things each day.
I hope you will stop by and visit me.
The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

Anonymous said...

Nothing in the whole world is like that moment. she is stunning!