Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

PumpkinTown Festival


Woo Hoo! We had a free day this weekend. What a blessing. We have been so busy for so long and it was so wonderful to have time to spend with our kids. We picked Nana up and headed to BoJangles for some yummy bo-berry biscuits. Then we headed to the PumpkinTown Festival. It was so packed. Lots of crafts and vendors everywhere. Mommy and Nana enjoyed shopping around. We went to the kid area and they had a ball sliding down the big slides and bouncing. I am reminded constantly that I am getting old. Trying to be all hip and cool, I followed my kids up the HUGE wave runner. Halfway up, I realized that I do not like heights and especially not heights that involve tons of crazy kids rocking the blow up wave. I clung to the top and tried to build up the courage to slide. Kids were breezing by me and my kids were trying to push me down. I finally decided to descend the wave-sure wish someone had told me not to let my feet rub the slide. By the time I reached the bottom I had burned the skin off of my heel. No kidding-actually burned-within 2 hours I had HUGE blisters and could hardly bear to walk on my left foot-within a couple more hours-they were bursting-What a loser-Who slides down a slide and injures themselves-me-that's who-a mom who is trying so hard to appear young and hip for her kids-they know the truth and now so do I :)
We did have fun picking out huge pumpkins. We all especially enjoyed the hot caramel apples and cotton candy. It was such a fun day. We are so blessed and we enjoyed being together all day. So glad that Nana could join us. The kids love being with her and so do we.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Burn baby burn! Warning! Crazy woman trying to act like a kid again! You know you just can't stand on the sidelines and watch all the fun, because you are hip and cool and stuff like that! I wish someone had taken a picture of the smoke coming from your feet as you descended! If I had been there you would have had some! The pictures you made were great and your children looked like they were having a blast - Nana too! Love Anna's outfit! Wish we could have been with you! Love y'all!

Amy Clemons said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry about the burned feet. OUCH!!